Thursday 4 April 2013

Gatsby Countdown

Since the announcement a few years back that Baz Luhrmann was to re-make the wonderful classic The Great Gatsby, I have been ever so excited eagerly awaiting its release.

I can honestly say that is my all time favourite. First read as part of my A-level English Literature studies, I instantly fell in love with the story, the 1920's and F.Scott Fitzgerald's other work. 

A story of unrequited love, betrayal, obsession, debauchery and desperate destructive decadence, there is a theme for everyone. 
I loved the story so much, it was even the theme for my 21st Birthday. 

Now with just over a month to go until its released, Jay-Z working on the soundtrack with songs from Florence and The Machine, and Beyonce covering Amy Winehouse's Back to Black, Leonardo Dicaprio as Jay Gatsby and Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan this looks set to be a Summer hit. 

Even the catwalks can't escape, with an ever increasing hint of the roaring 20's ever present, after the films release I have a feeling it is a look we are going to see much more of. 

How amazing does this trailer look! 
In the meantime I am going to re-read the book... If you haven't yet then I would highly recommend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment