Tuesday 9 April 2013

Spring Lamb Stew

If you follow me on Instagram you'll see I've been posting lots of foodie pics. 
This is quite a divided subject, some people love it while others hate it. I really enjoy sharing my cooking feats and get great ideas from others at the same time, so I thought I would start sharing my recipes too. 

I like heartwarming home made food like stews, but they can be a bit heavy come Summer but this Spring Lamb Stew is really light and full of spring green vegetables.

It is also carb free, unless you're like me and HAVE to have a nice piece of chunky bread to mop up all the juices. If you do want to add some carbs, serve with boiled new potatoes. 


Ingredients 
Lamb Neck cut into pieces
Onion finely chopped
2 Garlic Cloves
Thyme & Rosemary 
Carrots cut into chunks
Peas & Green Beans (these can be fresh of frozen)
Courgette 
Salt & Pepper 

  1. Heat some olive oil in a casserole pan, brown the onion, garlic and meat. Add the seasoning and carrots and pour in enough (boiling) water to cover the meat by a couple of centimetres and add a lamb stock cube. 
  2. Bring to the simmer, remove any scum that rises to the top, cover the pan and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours or until the meat is tender. 
  3. Five minutes before serving add the peas, green beans and courgette to the lamb and cook until the vegetables are tender. 
  4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve immediately. 

There are some accounts on Instagram such as @myhealthydish_  that have been inspiring me to eat healthy. I never knew you could have such fun with healthy food, the bright and vivid colours of fruit and veg make it much more visually pleasing than a McDonalds. 

Here are some Stuffed Apples I made that would make the perfect dessert to the Spring Lamb Stew. 



You can follow me on instagram @jemmacross 

No comments:

Post a Comment