Tuesday 19 May 2015

Returning Home

10 Days Home and it hasn't been as bad as expected, mainly because I've been kept busy surprising and catching up with everyone and then getting straight back to temp work to start earning and saving for the next trip (I definitely have the bug now and hope to be in Australia by January). Whilst away, I kept my travel journal and when you have time to yourself and long journeys with time to kill you realise and learn a lot of things about yourself. So here's a few of mine....

What I learnt Travelling;
  • Age is just a number 
  • Stop comparing yourself to others - Do YOUR thing
  • It does not matter if you don't have your shit together or your'e not at the same place in life as your peers.
  • Experiences count for more than anything
  • Memories are the most precious thing you can own
  • Your real friends will be your friends no matter what
  • How well liked and loved I am friends & family and those who matter
  • Not everyone will 'get you' or like you and thats okay.

So now I'm at home, although the holiday blues have not set in, it is always nice to read back and remember these rules of life if you like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment