Friday 27 July 2012

Calypso Christmas

On the hottest day of the year surely the last thing you want to think about is Christmas right?
Wrong. 
July is the time when all the Christmas Press Days start to happen.
I have already had some eager beaver publications phoning to ask if we have anything for their Christmas gift list pages. 

So just as we finally got our Summer back this week, the last thing you want to hear is 'Jingle Bells' so I thoroughly enjoyed Beauty Seen's take on their Festive Press Day that they decided to call Calypso Christmas.
With reggae and summer tunes playing all day, and the venue decked out almost like a beach bar, it made a nice change from mini-yorkshire pudding beef volovant's, as they served Banana loafs, and exotic fruits with coconut shavings, you could of been mistaken for thinking you had stepped on to a Caribbean Island. 

I have a very basic, simple beauty regime. Cleanse, moisturise and I'm out the door, so I always find it interesting and useful attending Beauty events to find out and test new products I would not normally use. 

Two things that caught my eye here this week were

and
Hi Shine Nail polish & kits. 

I am not a fan of overly drawn 'scouse brows' but I do like them neat and a little bit defined. I have often used Benefits Brow Zing, but find it very waxy. After having a tidy up with Hi Brow, that has a range of colours to suit all skin tones, the make-up stayed on all day and looked natural. 
There are also stencils available to make it even easier to create your desired shape. 
Available to buy here.

Now I am not up-to-date on the technology of it, but Hi-Shine nails is basically a nail polish that creates a long-lasting, non-chip, gel finish without having fake nails or gel tips. Polish's are available to buy on their own or you can purchase a whole kit that comes with a UV lamp that is essential as it sets the gel, and also includes a range of cute accessories - Who can refuse a glittery nail file?
They currently have a range of pastel summer colours out, and some beautiful Autumnal shades out soon. 



Pwettty...


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.... No! I promise this will not start till at least 1st December. 







No comments:

Post a Comment