Monday 4 June 2012

I'm bringing Sporty back...

Anyone who know's me well will tell you I am the most un-sportiest, laziest person. Ever. I couldn't give two hoots about the up-coming Olympics and I even once said 'I don't do activities' a quote that always gets bought up against me and has haunted me since.

However this week I have never been so active! Partly due to the mini heatwave we had I agreed to go swimming with a friend on Monday.... I don't mind swimming, I just don't enjoy public pools (I have every excuse under the sun to avoid exercise). But I'll admit I enjoyed it and came out feeling fresh.

So then on Thursday when I was invited to a work out event by Nike, I thought I'd give it a go... Seeing as I am interning for them now I thought why not. I got to choose a whole new kit and work out trainers (which I love).

It is actually an event run by Nike from their flagship store on Regents St. that anyone can attend, you just sign up via their Facebook page here. Named the Nike Training Club, it is a women's fitness community, who offer expertise, inspiration and motivation and its FREE!!
They have even been known to hold special events such as one a few weeks ago, where they did a work out session in Altitude 360 in the Milbank Tower whilst Katy B performed.

I won't lie, I found it hard, the warm up was grilling enough for me... a 15 minute to run to Regents Park where we continued with drill sessions (I told you I was unfit ok.) But I really did enjoy myself. Having suffered with stress and depression, they do say exercise is a good cure and I couldn't agree more.
I can't wait for a session they have coming up soon... Hip Hop Yoga!!

And what a better incentive than being able to choose a new pair of trainers courtesy of Nike.

 My new Nike Training Free XT Motion Fit Trainers. 




What I'm wearing: Top - Sass & Bide, Leggings - unknown - Trainers - Nike.



I continued the Sporty theme in to the weekend by going to watch some the boys I know play a charity football tournament at the West Ham grounds. They didn't quite make it through to the finals but did get  to the semi's. Well done boys! 


1 comment: