Thursday 8 March 2012

Fur too much??

So Kanye West has been at it again... No not throwing temper tantrums and shouting at little girls on stage but giving it another go on the Catwalk (designing not modelling). Good on him for not giving up after getting slated by the Fashion Press last season.

Now I know I am going to sound like a hypocrite, as I love a bit of fur, although most of the fur I own is either faux or vintage (I see this as some sort of justification), but I was actually horrified when I found out the sources of the materials used by West in his show in Paris this week.
Fabrics such as Astrakhan is actually the fur of an unborn lamb. The sheep is slaughtered, with the unborn lamb ripped from its mothers womb.
Perhaps I've been living in Fashion La La Land to not realise such ghastly methods were used, but it has certainly turned me off.
Apart from that there was nothing else that grabbed my attention from the collection... It felt all very samey.
Another turn off was Kanye's 'good friend' (We've all heard the rumours) Kim Kardashian sat in the FROW, in a cream fur stole (of course). I just have a thing against 'reality' TV stars.

I like Kanye and his music, I am even going to the Watch The Throne tour in May but think he should stick to the day job.... because that 'ish cray - and not in a good way!

Astrakhan grey vest - made from the foetus of a Lamb.

Black Fur back pack.


P.Diddy, Kim Kardashian and other Rap Stars were all at the show, many in fur.

No comments:

Post a Comment