Saturday 7 March 2015

Travel Reads; Wild by Cheryl Strayed

I'll proudly admit I'm a book worm, but I don't read as much as I should or would like to at home. 

However with lots of long journeys and days to wile away on some of the worlds best beaches I planned to read a lot during my travels. 



Before I left I had seen the film 'Wild' with Reese Whetherspoon advertised, so when I come across the book at Bangkok airport before my flight to Phuket I picked it up. 
Airports seem to be full of these journey types of books trying to appeal to fellow travellers, but from the blurb this is the one that I found most appealing regardless if I knew about the film or not. 

As I sat there reading the first chapter I cried for the majority of the short flight from Bangkok to Phuket. God knows what the people next to me thought, sniffing away trying to wipe my tears discreetly. It's been years since I cried at a book so I knew I would it would be good. Anything that causes a stir of emotion has to be good. (The last book I cried to was One Day by David Nicholls FYI). 

Written by Cheryl Strayed the book is about her journey, hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (a mountain range running from the Mexico - Canadian Boarder in America). 
Full of honesty it's much about her personal journey and self discovery as it is the physical. Aged 26 when she decided to take the trip (same age as me now) I could heavily relate to that 'lost' feeling. 

Coming up to my fourth week away from home now I can say that feeling is ebbing away more everyday and this still remains to be one of my bravest, wildest, wisest & best decision to date. And reading Strayed's book just confirmed that choice. I just hope the film won't disappoint now. 

2 comments:

  1. Dear, I like your blog very much! ! Everything is so beautiful! I like your style of writing and your photos! I know that blog requires much time, but keep doing it!

    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet

    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/ru/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vendor has to be ready deliver in-depth louis vuitton replica within the item-- indoors together with released. If he or she may not be, consequently it is actually extremely distinct that he or simply she's got trying to hide an item. Likely raising option to space a good sham is certainly by just reviewing any inscription over the indicate together with ingredients label. A handful of knockoffs already have misspelled key phrases, for example "Coutur", louis vuitton outlet uk, or simply "Cotoure". You will have procured a completely new set of Sennheiser headsets together with that you're chuffed that will pieces. However , when there is 6 months down the road anytime which they have end up grubby, unloved together with truth be told, rather gloomy browsing? Offset any louis vuitton replica uk to your prized financial commitment becoming unloved virtually on those couple very useful care hints, certainly to have an individual's Sennheiser headsets becoming tip-top once day to day take advantage of. The guidelines presented could make sure that any a long life to your headsets, come up with your louis vuitton replica uk duplicate any best-possible superior, together with help to keep him or her nice and clean. Earliest details earliest - look at the details together with regular adequately earlier than engaging in a single thing in your headsets. Could possibly be necessary material within the fact that relates to details an individual's headsets is unable to be exposed to. Additionally, don't forget to maintain the financial commitment off from all aqueous; always keep him or her free of moisture, dehumidified , nor give him or her exposed to all extraordinary temperates. It is very important they just do not get hold of soaked, which means that don't be him or her in any zones which would give any chanel replica be more responsive to seepage during the weather.

    ReplyDelete