Monday 11 July 2016

Virgin Vegan

If last year was all about Paleo then this year is all about Vegans.
Since living with a Vegetarian and watching her cook creative and delicious looking meals I've become a little interested in learning more about vegetarianism and vegans lately - this interest has been accelerated by my current trip in Thailand. 
I am currently staying in Rawai in Phuket where a lot of the Muay Thai training camps are based as well as lots of Yoga and well-being retreats, so it only makes sense that a number of health food cafes are also in the area. 

My recent favourite is Atsumi Raw Cafe which is 100% Vegan and uses no animal  meats, fats or oils what so ever. And it is delicious and what I found most surprising is that it's totally filling too! 

Yummy Walnut & Macadamia Fig stuffed Mushrooms and  Courgette (Zucchini) Roll with Almond Cheese. 

Rawsanga - a Lasagna type dish with layers of Courgette and smokey Aubergine (eggplant) and Walnut Macadamia and Fig Pate topped with a Mariana Sauce and Almond Cheese.

I love how creative their recipes are, and the setting is so serene. Based on a main busy road you need to drive to get there and the outside may deceive you - but step outside into the back garden and it's so peaceful. The Cauliflower Mint Cous Cous and Chocolate Protein Balls are also a must-try! 

We also went to try another Raw Resturant today, on the side of their wellness and detox resort is the Santosa Resturant in Kata. Unfortunately they don't allow pets and the dog I am currently dog sitting refuses to be left alone - but their menu also looks deliciously inspiring. 

Back in Rawai, another favourite so far is Wilsons. With a laid back style and graffiti walls there's so many tasty high-protein dishes to choose from and the coffee is also great! 

I definitely want to try to recreate some of the Raw Recipes when I get back home, as for sustaining that type of diet I think you have to be super organised and creative - and I love my meat although I will now consider cutting back and using alternatives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment